"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Monday, April 25, 2011

Hawaii 2011


I love Maui. It is my favorite island.
My sweetheart and I found these heart shaped
pieces of coral *rocks, as is, on the beach. I
mounted them on a piece of grocery bag that I
 moistened, crinkled and touched up with Distress Ink,
making it look like cork. I had this frame that I found
 at Fred Meyer. It's one of those clearance items that 
border on ugly, but it was so cheap that I couldn't pass it up.
I thought I'd paint it or cover it if I ever got around to using it,
but it worked out perfectly for this Maui momento project.
It didn't come with glass, (maybe that's why it was on clearance)
but I wouldn't have used the glass anyway. So there ya go!
Easy summer art, with great memories attatched!

No comments:

Post a Comment