"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Friday, February 20, 2009

Personal Epiphany of the Sleep Deprived

Someone posted to me recently that "sometimes in life we don't always get everything we want". I totally concur! In fact I would go so far as to say that many times in life we don't get what we want....we get something better! Even when we think we know just exactly what is the greatest achievement, the grandest prize, the most perfect _________ (fill in noun here) I wonder if occasionally we (and by 'we' I mean me ) think "I'll take this now because something better might not come along." You know, the old 'bird in the hand' thing. We cannot see the whole picture from our vantage point. It's impossible. (Unless we are having an out of body experience.) Aahhh, but there is someone else who can see the whole picture. And even when I pout because things didn't work out as I had planned...they work out, and sometimes for the better. If I'm patient enough I get more than I asked for. Funny how that goes. In other words, thank you for not giving me what I asked for. Now if I could just learn this lesson...I wouldn't have to keep learning this lesson.

1 comment:

  1. That is so true, so true. When you figure out how to learn the lesson, let me know...I find myself pouting all the time:)

    ReplyDelete