"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Found an Agent, Ate some Cheesecake, Laughed Our Guts Out!


Today my sisters and I went down to Provo to check on dad's house and choose a real estate agent. We've decided it's time to list his condo. Monday, DeeDee and I will go down and sign with the agent we chose today, and go through the house with him. I think it would be a great place for someone to rent to college students. I've been told I haven't sold his house yet (it's been 8 months since dad died) because I don't want to acknowledge he's gone. I spoke at his funeral, so I think I've acknowledged he is indeed gone. However, I haven't taken him out of my cell phone yet...even though his phone line was disconnected two day's after his death. I miss him. It was fun to be with my sisters today. We always laugh when we're together. We ate a late lunch at LL something or other Hawaiian food. I ordered pork, rice, and garlic shrimp. Thinking the garlic shrimp was the edible little crustations in a garlic sauce....oh heck no! The shrimp was not shelled...and what I thought was Couscous was actually minced garlic!! EwEwEw!!! nasty! I don't think I'll be rid of the reek for days! But we stopped at Cheesecake Factory for dessert, and that made it all good! Then we stopped at Target to pick up a few things. While we were there I challenged Debbie and DeeDee to pick out a swimsuit they wouldn't be caught dead in, and we had to go try them on. Oh holy cow! It was hilarity in my dressing room! DeeDee described hers as smacking a can of Pillsbury roll dough on the counter and seeing the dough pop out of the seams! I'm not sure what Debbie looked like, she wouldn't come out of her dressing room! I do have a new appreciation for the women in the S.I. swimsuit edition...but I bet they don't laugh with their sisters in the dressing room at their local Target! My advice to them... eat cheesecake before your next swimsuit photo shoot!

1 comment:

  1. I found you!!! Oh, happy day!! Great blog. I have an image of the roll dough now forever. I may laugh for a while...ahhh. Thanks. I needed that. Miss ya.

    ReplyDelete