"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Proceedure...DONE!

Yippee!! It's over! Done! Finito! I won't have to worry about doing that thing again for another 5 years! Actually, the colonoscopy itself wasn't that bad. I mean, I was out of it with the sleepy juice they put in my IV. Also, they added something for the nausea I was experiencing. All in all, two days of discomfort is nothing compared to the ravaging effects that colon cancer has on your body...on your life...when it goes undetected. And having seen what my mom went thru when she was dying with colon cancer at the same age I am now, I NEVER want to experience that, nor put my family through the torture. So. I'm taking this opportunity to start eating a little better, and exercising a little more. I feel good. I'm going to bed now. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment