"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Sunday, July 29, 2012

He knows us.

I continue to be amazed by my Heavenly Father. Not that I've ever doubted his magnificence. I've experienced the miracle of perfection in our tiny new grandbabies, and in the awe-inspiring grandeur of Zions Canyon and the Pacific Ocean. But what I am always amazed at, is that Heavenly Father knows me. He knows me. He knows me! He knows my heart. He hears my prayers. He answers my prayers. And when I need Him to, He answers them quickly. Recently I've had an attitude about some issues. I didn't like the way I was feeling about these issues. In fact, to be honest, my heart was hurting over my attitude about these issues. Like a physical ache. And you probably know that when Satan sees someone at the tiniest bit of a low point, he thinks he can squeeze his little toe in the door and then his foot and then his leg and then his bum and then his other leg...and well, before you know it, he's got his whole self inside your home and your life and your head. I didn't want to have these feelings and I really needed the Lord's help. This morning in Sacrament meeting, the Spirit was so strong, and everything that was spoken was exactly what I needed to hear. And I was so aware even at that moment, that Heavenly Father was answering my prayer. He heard my pleading, He knows my heart, and he made me aware of the fact that those messages were for me. I love my Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment