"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Vancouver Island

Ron is taking me on little excursions to show me the beauties of the Pacific Northwest. Not that he need take me any further than our own little town for that, but it has been fun to see all these places through his eyes. Leaving Port Angeles on our way to British Columbia. I love that I get near the water, any water, and suddenly my hair turns into a Chia Pet! Eeesh!
We had set the camera to take the beautiful Olympic Mountains, with a small view of us in the foreground. Then we asked a lady on the ferry if she'd mind taking the picture for us. While we were standing there, she started moving the settings on the camera..what?? who does that? So here is a BIG shot of us and no Olympic Mountains! I guess she minded taking the picture! hahaha!
Coming into the harbor...so beautiful!
Coming back to our car from the restaurant we walked past a phone booth. When was the last time you saw a real phone booth? I didn't know they still existed!
Tomorrow: Butchart (pronounced, Boo-Shart, NOT Butt-Chart) Gardens. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment