"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Friday, October 5, 2012

I like art. I like soup.


This year marks the 50th anniversary of Andy Warhol's iconic pop art "32 Campbell's Soup Cans". I saw these cans at Target and thought they would make darling little vases or pencil holders or something...and we like tomato soup here at our house. So as we've been eating it, I take the can and rinse it out and modpodge over the label. I've never been a huge Warhol fan, and I don't really care for silk screened art. I think it is cheesy and cheap and for the most part, not too inspiring. However, I was drawn to these colorful little gems. Which just goes to prove you can find beauty in just about anything. And Campbell's Soup Company, what a great marketing idea, using the anniversary of his art to sell more soup. I bought these four cans when I already had a shelf full of soup in my pantry. Genius I tell ya! 

No comments:

Post a Comment