"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Thursday, September 29, 2011

31 day Challenge

I've been reading some of the 31 day challenges that people are committing to for Oct. Call me a joiner, but I think I'll  jump on  run after  flag down the next  get aboard that bandwagon and try a challenge I've been meaning to attempt for a while now. Some of the challenges that bloggers are taking on are profound and include such feats as giving up caffeine (don't have THAT to give up), being more consistent with their children (great concept, 25 years too late),  photographing their wardrobe each day --what?? (my photo's would be 26 day's of jeans and a white t-shirt/ 5 Sundays of dresses), vacuuming every room, every day (are ya kiddin' me??). I have decided to take on something much more aggressive and both physically and mentally, and let's face it, emotionally challenging. I am committing to go without candy for 31 days. Why would I do that in the month of greatest candy-temptation?? I have no answer. But I will confess to you right here, right now:   I'm Kathy, and I'm a candyaholic.

PROOF
It started out innocently enough...

I told myself, I'm just in it for the pretty colors...

but then it got out of control...almost taking on a life of it's own...
I was hiding the "good stuff" behind healthy snacks...

...what's next, hiding Snickers bars in the toilet tank??

this is just the stash from my art room.
 (Don't even get me started on my pantry supply)


Then one day I found myself sneaking Dove dark chocolate
from my husbands office, without him knowing.

So before there's an intervention the likes of which Lindsay Lohan
should see, I'm taking my 31 day challenge to exclude C.A.N.D.Y.
from my daily, hourly, sometimes minute to minute diet.
This begins October 1st. I'll be reporting soon.
If this doesn't fly, I may have to check myself into the
Betty Crocker Clinic.
Wish me luck.



1 comment:

  1. You realize you'll be staying with us during this challenge, right? Does that mean your grandchild will be abstaining from candy too? Hey, we could all use a little cut-back :)

    ReplyDelete