"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

An Attitude of Gratitude

This month gives us an opportunity to stop and think of what we are grateful for. If you are able to read this on your computer, you know you have a great deal to be thankful for. My little series of Thankful Me was a snippet of each of my grandchildren. I love them so much, and I love spending time with them. They truly make me laugh and warm my heart. A friend of mine had me do a little exercise of thankfulness. Set the timer for 5 minutes and write down everything you are thankful for. My problem is I write one down and then think about all the reasons I'm thankful for it...which slows you down. So I'm sure there are more things I could have written down, but I ran out of time. This is my five minute list.
Ron, our kids, our grandbabies, my testimony, The B.of M., Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, The Atonement, my friends, my home, good neighbors, beautiful Washington, the changing seasons, healthy food, flowers, my dentist, books, being able to read, warm clothes, my car, my health, make-up, laughter, music, my eyesight, my siblings, hair color, chocolate, candles, computers, deodorant, toilet paper, school, church, kindness, a hot shower, grocery stores, farmers, traffic lights, being able to walk, my hands, police officers, Maxalt, my parents, a toothbrush, color, heated seats in the car and shade.
I wouldn't want Freud to analyze my list in the order I put things in. I'm pretty sure I'm more thankful for my parents than I am for hair color or traffic lights or even my dentist....eeesh! What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment