"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Friday, December 30, 2011

SIMPLIFY: My new mantra!


I love Marjorie Pay Hinckley. What a sweet lady, so full of wit and wisdom. This is going to be my number one New Year's resolution for 2012...to Simplify....

 

...right after I take down Christmas and deep clean the kitchen and bathrooms. Make a slush for 200, create centerpieces for ten tables, wrap a shower gift, collect framed photographs and ten white tablecloths for round tables, make a food list, order a sheet cake, find a videographer, arrange for music, and set up grandma & grandpa's anniversary party. Then I'd like to sign birthday cards for everyone this year and stamp them so they can be mailed on time, put the finishing touches on get-away plans with friends in February, buy baby gifts for our new three grandbabies due this year, see our next grandbaby get blessed in Arizona, get caught up on dentist and doctor appt.'s, fly to Utah to help my daughter when she has baby #4, start the paperwork for our mission, fly back to Utah to see our oldest grand daughter get baptized, our newest grandbaby get blessed and celebrate Hudson's 2nd birthday. Intersperse with visit teaching, primary activity day's and temple attendance, that will take me through June. Hey, I think I can simplify!

No comments:

Post a Comment