"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Saturday, January 28, 2012

A glance back

Today marks 44 years to the day that I was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. January 28, 1968 was a significant day in my life, but I wouldn't realize how significant for years to come. When I was eight years old my mom had only been a convert member for four years. She was an amazing woman, without a great LDS support system. My father was (to put it mildly) an inactive member. So much so, that I didn't even know he was a member of the church until I was an adult. Needless to say, our home wasn't a gospel centered home, and I wasn't quite sure what being baptized really meant. I now marvel at the eight year olds who have been taught gospel principles their entire lives, and are prepared to be baptized. This year we will have two grandchildren baptized. They have each grown up in amazing families who teach and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And for that, I am grateful. I would like Ella and Tyler to know I have a testimony of Jesus Christ and His atoning sacrifice for each one of us. I love my Savior. Forty four years is a blink when you look at the whole picture. I have been blessed beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment