"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Monday, January 2, 2012

New year, new diet, or "why can't they have M&M's at the drypack cannery?"

We are off and running with the new year! Yesterday Ron and I started our "be healthy, stay healthy" regimen. The program I started in October that took me through the holidays was much easier than I had expected! Although I didn't start with the specific intention of losing weight, (I have a migraine situation I'm trying anything in order to tackle it). Weight loss would be a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious by-product I could live with! I thought I would be hungry and wanting to eat all the great food that goes with the holidays...and by holidays, I mean Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Yom Kippur, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, the end of Daylight Savings Time, Hanukkah...anyway, I still eat pretty much anything I want, but with more control. Instead of eating an entire bag of dark chocolate covered pretzels, I can eat one or two (or none) and call it good. For me that's a big deal. (see my 31 Day Challenge post) Food is part of my happy existence...don't judge. But I am eating "cleaner" and incorporating fresher, natural foods into my diet. I even found myself craving broccoli the other day! I KNOW, huh!?! Yesterday we started something that I have been avoiding. But now that Ron is on the train to good healthsville < C'mon, that was funny!> I am now drinking my Ionix Supreme first thing in the morning. Yesterday was tough.

Today was a little easier. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Happy New Year...and CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment