"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Monday, April 23, 2012

...and it's a MISS!

I was going through my closet this morning and I found a fun, fresh, colorful tank that I got on clearance last fall. I hadn't had the chance (or weather) to wear it, so today being a beautiful spring day, I thought I'd give it a go! What I realized after putting it on was - IT had to GO! Some things just shouldn't be worn on a figure like mine. I know better. But occassionally I just have to learn the hard way. Here are a few examples:


See? Fun. Fresh. Happy colors. However the stripes that I loved so much accentuated places on my body that don't need the attention-if ya know what I mean ;(

next:
This little number cost me $6. SIX DOLLARS! How fun for spring...and SEIS DOLARES! I wore it to church, and yikes! Anything that comes just above my knee I feel like that dream we've all had where you go to school and forgot to put your pants on. Oh well, I'll keep the belt. It was worth six dollars. next:
Again, this basic black skirt isn't immodest, just short enough to be unflattering. *grrr!* I have since replaced it with a longer pencil skirt, so out it goes. next:
OK, really?? It's purple with big white polka dots. Need I say more? And lastly:
I really wanted to like this shirt. It's gauzy and has sweet little buttons and just a touch of a ruffle around the neckline. But I feel like a sack-o-spuds when I put it on. Oh trust me, I've put it on about a dozen times. I just can't bring myself to wear it. *sniff sniff* Goodbye gauzy. These are just a few of my misses. Now I'm off to deliver them to G.W. and hopefully someone will find them a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment