"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Sunday, April 22, 2012

While I was in Utah, Shannon and I went to a little shop in Fruit Heights looking for a dwarf Japanese Maple tree. Ok, I knew they didn't carry trees at this shop, but we were so close we had to stop in for a little creative inspiration. The girls at Secret Haven are always changing things up and that's what I like. In fact, the day we were there, they had boxes and boxes of fun new inventory they were unpacking and it felt like Christmas! Anyone who's been in the decorating/retail world knows what I'm talking about. We found some lazy susan's that weren't quite out of their packing yet, but I just had to look and see what they were.
This little girl came in two sizes and each had a different theme. This one was on table manners, and it was darling, but a little too busy for my kitchen table. Sorry for the poor quality of the photo, but I snapped it with my phone when no one was looking. I remembered buying a black wooden lazy susan for $2 at Good Will, on my first trip to WA. Hmm did I still have it, or did I give it back to Good Will because I hadn't done anything with it? I came home and checked my crap closet craft closet and there she was! Just waiting to be turned into something fabulous!I used the over-priced very cute Secret Haven "susan" as my inspiration for this little girl.
Not nearly as detailed, but I like her. Now I think I'll go put her on my breakfast table.

No comments:

Post a Comment