"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A day at Yellowstone

One of the places Ron has always wanted to go was Yellowstone. So we used our National Park pass and went! (that thing has paid for itself over and over again!) Yellowstone Nat'l Park begins in Montana...
...then pretty suddenly you're in Wyoming!
Ron was so cute waiting for Old Faithful to erupt just like a little kid!
The warm breeze was melting my ice cream faster than I could eat it!
If I had known how fast these big, lethargic-looking Bison could book, I never would have let Ron get this close to him for this picture! Yikes!
While we were driving through the park there was a heard of Bison on the road.
Ron was standing through our sun roof to take these pictures. I had to call him back in when this guy got up close and personal with our car! ... "Don't make eye contact, don't make eye contact..."
These falls were breath taking! (and loud)
*A Post Script: I've been to Yellowstone at least 1/2 dozen times or more. I've NEVER seen a bear. Ever. My niece Holli, went on her honeymoon and was in the Park the same time Ron and I were. She snapped these pictures of a Mama bear and her two cubs... I call NOT FAIR!!
How blessed we are to see such beauty. Heavenly Father is the most amazing artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment