"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Friday, August 31, 2012

Also on our Oregon stop:

Was the cheese factory. Not to be confused with the Cheesecake Factory. We had Tillamook squeaky cheese and Mudslide ice cream! Yum-O!
And while we were in Cannon Beach we stopped at Bruce's Candy Kitchen and watched them make salt water taffy. Hmm...I see a happiness thread here...
Ron and I got up Thursday morning and went to the Portland Temple and did a session. The temple is beautiful. It has a lot of the same designs (interior) as the Las Vegas Temple, and they were both dedicated the same year ('89). I'd be interested to know if they were designed by the same architect.
On our way home we went drove up to... Mount St. Helen's. (Which is in Washington, not Oregon, I know)
Talk about amazing! I remember when this thing (the mountain, not my hubby) blew her top. I was living in Utah, and I recall there being the most beautiful sunsets courtesy of all the ash that had entered the atmosphere...anyway, they have a cool movie at the visitor's center and afterward (spoiler alert!) they lift the screen and open the curtains to the most incredible view of Mount St. Helen's!
If you have the opportunity to go up to this National Park and Visitor's Center, I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment