"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Our day date to Seattle

Ron surprised me on our date today, by taking me to the University of Washington. I thought we were walking down to the water to take pictures, maybe watch some boats sailing across Lake Washington.
Nope. He rented a canoe, and we were going for a canoe ride across the lake.
This is where I start hyperventilating. I had to look at my feet for the first part of the ride across the lake. To say that large bodies of water scare me is like saying the Pacific Ocean is damp....I am over-the-top petrified of water. How my husband talked me into this I have no idea! He's good at that...talking me into doing scary things.
There were lot's of cool things to see.
Beautiful scenery.
(My favorite bit of scenery -my handsome hubby)
How beautiful is this?? I halfway wondered if we'd start to hear dueling banjo's when we started down this little path under the bridge. By the time we made it over to the arboritum I was a little more relaxed.
We saw some Blue Heron...
...and lot's of duckies
Then we had to paddle back across the Mont Lake cut to get back to where we started...yikes, that big body of water again!
But we made it back safely...and it was a great day! I love my Ron.
Thanks for a wonderful adventure honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment