"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Sunday, August 12, 2012

A surprise visit

On our way home from Utah we took a slight detour to New Dale, Idaho, and attended the homecoming (do they still call it that?) meeting of one of our favorite Washington missionaries, Elder Tyler Andreasen. He gave an exceptional talk. His cute mom and dad, Nikki and Eric invited us to have lunch with their family. It turns out that Tyler's grandma and grandpa live in the same town in Utah that I lived in when I was in high school and we know a lot of the same people. Talk about a small world! How fun it was getting to know his awesome family!
We made it up to Idaho Falls early enough to snap some pictures of the temple with the sun coming up directly behind the temple. A jogger stopped and offered to take our picture, and as I was backing up I lost my shoe. I thought for sure it wouldn't show in the picture...but she cut off the spire of the temple and got my shoeless foot! LOL oh well.
We stopped by the Rexburg Temple afterwards. It's beautiful. I really want to go back and go through a session sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment