"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Friday, September 7, 2012

...and so he did!




He said: "Where would you like to go?"

She said: "Take me someplace beautiful, I've never been before."

He said: "Watakushi wa chodo subarashi tokoro ga arimasu."

                                       ...and he did.



Ron took me to Kobayashi Park. I was thinking...green grass, playground equipment,,,nope. There is a cool Mid-Century Modern house on the property, probably originally belonging to the Kobayashi family. We looked thru the windows of the abandoned house, to find a tiny kitchen that looks like the last occupant had some kind of a fire. I love that era of architecture, and could imagine myself ( and a small army) gutting the place and bringing it back to it's former late fifties glory. The back of the house over-looks the joining of Chambers Creek and Leach Creek, with tall cedar trees and overgrown brush lining the foot path along the creek. It is beautiful....
except for these guys...
 
 
 
 
and these guys................
 
 
 
 
...and they were all over the place, and spiders FREAK.ME.OUT!   
 But other than that, I could totally live there...after I called the Terminex man.
P.S. After I posted this on my blog, an article came out in our local paper concerning this very house. I was wrong about the Kobayashi's being the original owners. And the home was built in the early 60's, not the late fifties.( But I was close).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment