"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fall

This has always been my favorite time of year. I love everything about Fall. I grew up with the mountains literally out my back door, and I miss seeing them changing colors. I love the crispness of the Autumn chill in the air, the sound of leaves crunching beneath my feet, and the tartness of biting into a fresh picked apple. I love the smell of ditches being burned by farmers, and roadside pumpkin stands that have a bucket and a sign that says "honor system". I love shopping for new school clothes and shoes. I love the smell of a brand new box of crayons and freshly sharpened pencil shavings. I love bottling fresh peaches, then proudly standing back, looking at the rows of gleaming golden quart bottles on the shelf. I love that smell the first morning the furnace kicks on, and wrapping up in the ugliest, but warmest crochet afghan made by Grandma. I love it all. What do you love about Fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment