"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Happy Birthday to my beautiful daughter


me and shannon

Thirty one years ago today my sweet baby girl was born. The miracle of being a mother is you can remember each little detail of giving birth, but you forget about the physical pain. ~one would have to forget, or no one would have more than one child.~ Shannon was one of the Lord's tender mercies in my life. She came to me when Heavenly Father knew I would need to turn my attention from myself, and the deep sadness I was experiencing with the illness and inevitable passing of my own mother, to the care and attention of one so tiny and innocent. Shannon was then, and continues to be a great source of strength to me. I've watched her grow from a happy little girl to a valiant young woman who made wise choices in her youth, to a beautiful, strong, attentive wife and mother, teaching her own children to "walk uprightly before the Lord."  Could any mother ask for anything more? Happy Birthday Shannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment