"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Monday, September 24, 2012

WARNING: This post is not Rainbows & Butterflies

Ugh! I just came from the movie theater. We saw the movie/documentary 2016: Obama's America, by Dinesh D'Souza. It was informative, but more importantly it cleared up some issues for me that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Remember back in '08 when everyone was eagerly awaiting the "change" with "hope"? I blogged about it in 2009... read this
While I did NOT vote for the guy, I'll admit I did find him to be intoxicating with his acceptance speech at the DNC and his inaugural speech. (And weren't we all eager to show the world how far we had come from the racist generation of our parents and grandparents?) But smooth talking can only get you so far. At some point you have to have "product" to back up your sales pitch. And I'm afraid America is no longer buying what Obama is selling. watch here.  Sad. No leader, be it of our country, or otherwise, should be serving the people who voted for him/her, with any kind of personal agenda. The idea of giving America "hope" under the guise of "change", when you know the change you are talking about is not to make America better, but to fulfill some personal askewed dream from your immoral Johnny Appleseed father, is just that...a guise. And a guise by any other name is still a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment