"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A couple posts ago I had the flag I made out of an old fence. We got it hung up and there was a gigantor space between the top of the flag and the ceiling. So I made this sign using all the scraps (literally) I could find around my art room and the garage.
I bought these alphabet wall stickers (for my grand kids to use) at Dollar Tree. They are what I spelled "America" with.
I used my Cricut machine to cut "the beautiful", but I didn't have any vinyl (grr) so I found a roll of contact shelf paper in my closet and fed it through the machine. Worked like a charm!
I painted the scrap board white, then adhered the stickers, then painted the board black, then I pulled the stickers off very carefully using a straight pin. It's not exactly one of those cool subway signs, but it works....Oh, and the white boarder is done with detailing tape. At least I think that's what it is. I found it in my "adhesive's" drawer, and I can't figure out what else it could be, so that's what I'm calling it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment