"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Friends are the chocolate chips in the cookie of life

I've blogged about my insanely uber-talented friend, Becki. Last weekend we had our pre-ward conference adult dinner/social. She was asked to be in charge of it this year. I know what a monumental (heavy on the mental) task it is because Ron and I did it last year. Becky enlisted her husband and kids (she has such a great family) to do everything from soup to nuts. The dinner was fantastic (pasta, warm bread sticks, "Olive Garden" salad, all kinds of desserts), and they even put together an Italian soda bar. They just did an awesome job. My assignment was to set the tables, and Ron got some guys together to do a guitar sing along, to Kermit the Frog's "Rainbow Connection". I know it sounds corny, but it was actually a really fun, sweet song to sing. So, the Blackners do all this work (Becki pulled it together even though she was sick). Then tonight, what gets delivered to my front porch? Warm, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies! Not only Yumm to the "O!", but look how CUTE they look! And wait. She's thanking ME?? That girl! She doesn't do anything if it's not beautiful! ...and I'm the lucky recipient of her talent and generosity! 'Scuse me while I go pour a big glass of milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment