"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The other night I was in the mood for some ice cream with really good carmel sauce. I found a recipe on pinterest that had a bajillion pins on it, and it didn't look complicated at all. So I made sure I had Heavy Whipping Cream and all the other ingredients, and set out to make it. It called for lots of stirring time. Like 25 minutes worth. Well we were skyping with one of our kids, so Ron and I took turns stirring and visiting. It wasn't getting very "golden brown" looking, but I figured it eventually would. And it took forever to thicken up...but the recipe did say it required time...we kinda lost track of time because of our skyping, and before we knew it we had... dust. Yeah you heard me. Like instantaniously, our "carmel sauce" had turned to dry, sweet, dust. What the hay?? It was the weirdest thing I've ever ever done in the kitchen! The likes of which Alton Brown or Bill Nye the Science guy have never seen! Determined to have my sweet tooth satisfied, I switched gears from carmel sauce to fudge sauce. This recipe is from Dorie Greenspan, off of Pinterest, and it is not only delish (like, forget the ice cream-I'll just have a dish of this stuff, delish), it is super easy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment