"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Thursday, May 17, 2012

I made a cake this morning. From scratch. Mostly from my own little head. I mean is there any recipe that is totally made up by anyone? But it turned out pretty darn yum-o-licious.
I was inspired by a recipe for strawberry lemon bundt cake I got off of Pinterest. I love Pinterest, you can find just about anything on there...the strawberry lemon bundt cake I made the other day looked so good, and it was, except I really don't like chunks of mushy warm fruit in anything. Whether I'm making banana bread or jam, I have to puree the fruit. So having globs of warm strawberries in my cake >shudder<...well, lesson learned. Where was I? Oh yeah, the triple chocolate cake I invented (hey, if Al Gore can take credit for inventing the internet, I can take credit for inventing a triple chocolate bundt cake!) Here's the recipe if you want to try it.
******************************************************************* TRIPLE CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE *1 C. (2 sticks) butter - don't go cheap on me, use the real stuff. *2 C. sugar *3 eggs *1 tsp. vanilla *10 oz. plain Greek yogurt - that's what gives the cake it's moistness! *2 C. flour *1/4 C. baking cocoa powder *1/2 tsp. baking soda *1/2 tsp. salt *1 C. (or more!)really good quality chocolate chips Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees. grease and flour a 10" bundt pan. If you want to be super fancy, you can dust your pan with cocoa powder instead of flour. ******************************************************************* Sift flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda, set aside. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Alternate beating in flour mixture and yogurt until just incorporated. fold in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared bundt pan. Bake @ 325 for 50 (fifty) minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before turning out onto a serving dish. Drizzle with warm fudge glaze over the top. ******************************************************************* Here's the recipe for the fudge glaze: *3/4 C. heavy cream *1/4 C. light corn syrup *8 oz. bittersweet chocolate- I used Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips- SOOO GOOD! *1/2 tsp. vanilla Warm the first three ingredients until the chocolate is melted, stirring constantly. Once melted, remove from heat and add the vanilla. Stir until nice and smooth. Drizzle over cake and serve warm. Yumm-O! I know this looks like the Magna Carta of recipes...but it is super easy I promise! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment