"Middle children have remarkable diplomatic skills."

-The Secret Power of Middle Children, by Catherine Salmon

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Your Karma parked on my dogma!

This morning started out so perfect. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and I get to have my Primary girls over this afternoon, what a great day! I'm driving the 'burb', singing a "happy little working song", thinking I sound just like Amy Adams, when in actuality I sound more like Yoko Ono. But I'm all alone so I sound like Amy Adams, and I pull into Fred Meyer's parking lot...Anyone ever try to thread a watermelon through the eye of a needle? THAT's what parking the 'burb' is like in F.M. parking lot. I find a spot, get out of the car and pass a lady who has finished loading her groceries into her car and I ask if she'd like me to take her cart back into the store for her...her response: "Oh thank you, yes. thank you very much!" I'm feelin' appreciated for my "good deed" and I think the Karma gods are going to smile on me and I will find the item I need for my object lesson inside this store. (I'd already been to two other stores with no luck finding it). But a few minutes later, I'm leaving Fred Meyer empty handed and a little frustrated that I can't find this item that I see everywhere except when I want it! Then I get to my car only to find a note that someone has scribbled on a post-it note and left on my drivers side window. Ugh! Did someone back into my car accidentally? Do I have a flat tire that they are warning me about? Umm no. This is what the note read:
ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME?? I get in my car..sit there for a minute..I feel my soul starts to fill with righteous indignation. Doesn't this person know how hard it is to park this bus in this postage stamp sized parking lot? Don't they know I'm here to get stuff for my primary activity? Don't they know I did a good deed by taking someones shopping cart back into the store, saving her five, maybe six steps had she done it herself?? ...Then the ridiculousness of the situation hits me. And I start to giggle at every one of the thoughts I just had. I've got to go and set up for my girls activity. Stay tuned for part two: The Christ-like chapter of this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment